This is so delicious and very easy, and a great way to use up any stale or leftover bread!
Ingredients: For 2-3 people as a light lunch or starter
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 x 1 inch size pieces of stale bread
- A bag of salad leaves of your choice
- Optional: Parmesan shavings, Feta or Mozzarella
For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Make the salad dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients together
2. Drizzle half the dressing over the cherry tomatoes and the pieces of stale bread to soak in.
3. Barbecue the skewered up bread pieces and tomatoes medium heat for 5 minutes turning every minute until the bread is toasted and the tomatoes are slightly blackened.
4. Serve on some salad leaves with the rest of dressing.
I think this would be delicious with some cheese, parmesan flakes, feta pieces or mozzarella but I didn’t have any. Enjoy!