Am actually embarrassed to call this a recipe. It is not really but sharing as is a very quick easy and healthy mid week lunch using ingredients that are pretty long life. It is also the very first “dish” I made for my family when I was about 10 years old. The kids love it too.
Ingredients: For 3-4 as a lunch with some crusty bread
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 pack of vacuum packed beetroot (not pickled)
- 3 carrots peeled and grated
- 6 eggs
For the vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Put 6 eggs in a cold pan of water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes then fill the pan with cold water to cool them quickly.
2. While the eggs are boiling, drain the sweetcorn and place in the centre of a platter. Surround it with the beetroot chopped into 1 cm chunks, and finally the roughly grated carrots.
3. Mix the mustard and vinegar together well, then mix in gradually the oil. Season.
4. Peel and cut the eggs and arrange on the platter. Drizzle with the dressing.
Hope you enjoy making this! Leave me a comment if you give it a try. Thank you for reading 🙂