Dreaming of the hot Spanish sun here! Sadly it doesn’t look likely that we’ll get any this year and we don’t get that much of it in Scotland! So I ‘ll make this at the weekend to cheer myself up. Made it for the first time a while back and it is so delicious and quick to make. Really nice as a light starter or as part of a tapas spread with some crusty bread to mop up the tasty olive oil. They look pretty served in the traditional terracotta dishes but it’s purely cosmetic…..
Ingredients: for 4 people
- Approximately 300 g deshelled raw prawns (for convenience I buy frozen ones which I then defrost before cooking)
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 sliced and de-seeded red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to season the prawns prior to cooking.
- optional chopped parsley to garnish
1. In a large frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on a medium heat, then add the sliced garlic and deseeded chili. Fry for a minute then add the smoked paprika into the pan. Stir.
2. Then add in the seasoned raw prawns and cook for 90 seconds on each side.
3. Decant into a dish (or individual ones), sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve with crusty bread.
4. Enjoy 🙂
Hope you enjoy making this! Leave me a comment if you give it a try. Thank you for reading 🙂