I love this dish, it tastes indulgent and fresh despite using quite a few tinned ingredients, and is super quick to make. Done and dusted in about 10 minutes…handy if you’re trying to fit in work, helping the kids with schoolwork, chores…etc. It is also very adaptable, I never make it quite the same twice, depending on what type of ingredients are to hand…
Ingredients: for 2 people
- 180 g spaghetti
- 1 tin of crab (or a fresh dressed crab would be even better). Drain the tinned crab really well.
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped.
- 1/2 to 1 whole red chili (depending on how sensitive you are to heat) – I prefer a whole one. Deseeded and finely chopped. If you don’t have any fresh chili a generous pinch of dried chili flakes works well as a substitute.
- 2-3 sliced spring onions if you have any.
- 3 tablespoons tinned chopped tomatoes (a handful of chopped fresh tomatoes would be even better)
- A splash of white wine (approx. 25 ml) or a squeeze of lemon juice.
- A small handful of fresh herbs chopped up finely – I like a mix of parsley and chives personally, but basil works very well too, and so would fresh dill, although not too much of it or it could easily overpower the flavour of the dish.
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted water.
2. About 7 minutes before the spaghetti is due to be cooked start making the sauce. Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and added in the garlic and chopped chili. Cook for a minute or 2 then add in the chopped spring onions. Cook for another minute then add in the drained crab meat, and a splash of white wine if using. Let it bubble for 30 seconds then add in the tomatoes. At the last minute just prior to the spaghetti being ready, add in the chopped herbs, salt and pepper (and lemon juice if using instead of white wine).
3. Drain the spaghetti once cooked straight into the saucepan and add in some of its cooking water if the sauce needs to be loosened up a bit.
4. Give it a good mix and serve up, drizzling over some extra virgin olive oil. I sometimes serve this up with some watercress, rocket or baby spinach leaves on top, and extra lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, it goes really well.
4. Enjoy 🙂
Hope you enjoy making this! Leave me a comment if you give it a try. Thank you for reading 🙂
4 thoughts on “Delicious Crab Spaghetti”
Looks great … could you use this with Tuna ?
Yes I am sure that would work 👍
This looks really yummy!
Thank you! It is, and very easy 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person